Step 1 :
- Create a folder called Pwnage on your desktop. This folder will be containing two things, the Pwnage tool 4.3.2 and the iPad firmware version 4.3.2
- The Pwnage tool can be downloaded from here.
- The iPad firmware can be downloaded from here.
Note : It is recommended to download the IPSW file with firefox as safari will often auto extract it.
Step 2 :
- To mount the PwnageTool, simply double click it and then drag the icon into the Pwnage folder.
- Now from the folder, double click to launch the PwnageTool application.
- Click on OK if a warning message pops up.
Step 3 :
- From the top menu bar, select Expert Mode.
Step 4 :
- Now select your iPad.
- A Check mark will appear over the image of the phone.
- Click on the blue arrow button at the bottom right to continue.
Step 5 :
- A Browse for IPSW page appears.
- Click on the Browse for IPSW… button.
- Now select your firmware from the Pwnage folder that you created and click on the Open button.
Step 6 :
- A menu with multiple choices appears.
- Click on General followed by the blue arrow button at the bottom right.
- The General settings will allow you to decide the partition size. Here you can choose either Activate the phone which will be a non official activation or Enable baseband update that will allow you to modify the baseband.
- Once done with the settings , click on the blue arrow button to proceed.
- A Cydia settings menu appears that allows you to create custom packages so that you do not have to install them manually later on.
- Click on the Download packages tab.
- Click the Refresh button to display the list of all the available packages.
- Double click the package you wish to download which will then be made available in Select packages tab.
- Under the Select packages tab, just checkmark the ones you want and click the blue arrow button.
- The Custom packages settings menu appears that displays the listed packages for your custom IPSW.
- Just leave these settings uninterrupted and click on the blue arrow button to continue.
Step 7 :
- The Pwnage process is now ready to start.
- Click on the Build button followed by the blue arrow button to start the process.
Step 8 :
- You will be prompted to save your custom .ipsw file, so save it to the Pwnage folder you created on the desktop.
- Your IPSW is being built, so please allow upto 10 minutes for the process to finish.
- Now you will be asked to enter your administrator password, so do that and click on the OK button.
Step 9 :
- You will now be asked to connect your iPad to the computer.
- Once your device gets detected, PwnageTool will guide you through the rest of the procedure for putting your iPad into DFU mode.
- Press and hold the Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds.
- Now release the Power button but continue holding the Home button for another 10 seconds.
- On entering successfully into DFU mode, PwnageTool will prompt you to launch iTunes.
Step 10 :
- On entering iTunes, hold the Alt/Option key and then click on Restore.
Step 11 :
- Now go to the Pwnage folder on your desktop using the dialog window and select the custom IPSW file that was created followed by clicking on the Choose button.
Step 12 :
- iTunes now restores the firmware on your iPad.
- This procedure may consume upto 10 minutes, but once you are done, you`ll be rebooted into a jailbroken iPad OS 4.3.2.
Happy Jailbreaking… !!