It has been quite some time since we talked about Sony’s much touted PlayStation Move motion controller. You may recall our earlier announcements that the motion controller was supposed to launch in July this year – which was later corrected to September 2010.
So here is something that is more or less confirmed – Sony Playstation Move will launch only on October 21. That is the confirmed date at least for Japan. There is no word on whether Move will launch earlier in other markets. Nevertheless, Sony has confirmed that Playstation Move shall launch with six game titles at launch. They are
- EyePet (SCEJ, ¥3,980)
- Sports Champion (SCEJ, ¥3,980)
- Beat Sketch (SCEJ, ¥2,980)
- Fure! Fure! Bowling (aka High Velocity Bowling, SCEJ, ¥1,900)
- Machi Suberi (aka Kung Fu Rider, SCEJ, ¥3,980)
- Big 3 Gun Shooting (Namco Bandai, ¥6,279)
All these titles except the last one (Big 3 Gun Shooting) are Move-specific games. Following the launch, Sony is expected to make a few more gaming titles available. The list, along with the tentative date of release is here. Do note that all of these gaming titles are Move-specific.
- Mugen Kairo Hikari to Kage no Hako (aka Echochrome, SCEJ, November, ¥3,980)
- Nikudan (SCEJ, November, ¥3,980)
- Move de Party (SCEJ, November, ¥3,980)
- TV Superstars (SCEJ, December, ¥3,980)
- Furi Furi! Sarugetchu (aka Ape Escape, SCEJ, 2010, price TBA)
- Sorcery (SCEJ, 2011, price TBA)
- Tower (SCEJ, 2011, price TBA)
- The Shoot (SCEJ, 2011, price TBA)
- Heroes on the Move (SCEJ, 2011, price TBA)
Sounds exciting? Or disappointed at the delay?