Windows users can now jailbreak the iOS 4.3 on their iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad and the iPod Touch with the help of this nice little tool called Sn0wBreeze 2.3b1. As was the case with PwnageTool for Mac, the Sn0wBreeze jailbreak will also be for tethered devices only thus making you boot into a jailbroken state everytime you reboot the device.
This jailbreak tutorial is meant for windows users, if you want it for MAC then please refer to the previous posts on jailbreaking in this blog.
Point to note : No unlock is available for the iOS 4.3 as yet, so if your phone is dependent on a unlock, then please do not update to iOS 4.3.
Step 1 :
- Download and install iTunes 10.2.1 for windows.
- Download Sn0wBreeze 2.3 for windows.
- Download the iOS 4.3 for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Step 2 :
- Launch Sn0wBreeze followed by clicking on the blue colored arrow button.
Step 3 :
- Browse and select the required .ipsw firmware file for the iOS device.
Step 4 :
- Sn0wBreeze now identifies the selected .ipsw file.
- Once it is done, click the blue colored arrow at the bottom left next.
Step 5 :
- Select “Expert Mode“.
- After doing this, click on “Build IPSW” to start building your custom firmware.
Important : If your device is relying on an Unlock then select “Baseband Preservation Mode” instead of the “Expert Mode”
Step 6 :
- When the custom firmware is created, Sn0wBreeze displays the following message “Done!“
Step 7 :
- Start following the onscreen instructions to enter into DFU mode.
- Hold the Power and the Home buttons for 10 seconds.
- Now release the Power button and continue holding the Home button for another 10 seconds.
- Your device will now enter in DFU mode.
- On following these steps precisely, you get the following message from Sn0wBreeze :
Step 8 :
- Start iTunes now by clicking on the iOS device icon from the sidebar in iTunes.
- Press and hold the left “Shift” button followed by clicking on “Restore” button in iTunes and release this button later.
- iTunes will now ask you to select the location for your custom firmware 4.3 file.
- Select the custom .ipsw file that you had created and click on “Open“.
Step 9 :
- iTunes will now carry out the rest of the procedure for you with a series of automated steps. This may take a while, so please wait while iTunes installs the new firmware 4.3 on your device.
- Once the installation is over, your device will be in a jailbroken state on the iOS 4.3.
Step 10 :
As i mentioned earlier that there is no untethered jailbreak, you will have to boot into a tethered state and for doing this we will be making use of a utility for windows called “iBooty.”
- Launch iBooty and select your iOS device from the drop down menu.
Please Note : iBooty gets extracted to the desktop the moment you run Sn0wBreeze 2.3.
- Next, click on the Start button and follow the onscreen instructions to enter your device into DFU mode.
- Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
- Release the Power button and continue holding the Home button for another 10 seconds.
- Your device will now be in DFU mode.
Step 12 :
- On entering in DFU mode, iBooty will perform its tasks and after that your device will be in a tethered jailbroken state.
Happy Jailbreaking fellows… !!!