IDC has published their latest report on the state of mobile phone growth worldwide. One of the biggest take-aways from the recent study is the emergence of Research In Motion, the company behind Blackberry as one of the top manufacturers.
RIM entry into the top five ranking has pipped Motorola out of the league. Here are the top five mobile phone manufacturers and market share based on their shipments recorded during the first quarter of 2010
1. Nokia : 107.8 million (36.6% market share)
2. Samsung : 64.3 million (21.8%)
3. LG Electronics : 27.1 million (9.2%)
4. RIM : 10.6 million (3.6%)
5. Sony Ericsson : 10.5 million (3.6%)