Social sharing and interaction seems to be the core focus area at Amazon with respect to the newly unveiled version of the Kindle framework. The company has released the list of core features to expect in Kindle version 2.5 that is rolling out to a select group of users for the moment and is expected to launch for all users towards the end of May.
Here are the significant introductions announced to Kindle version 2.5
- Ability to organize books and documents into “collections” for easy navigation
- Zooming feature on PDF documents to view text and tables clearly
- Set passwords to secure access to Kindle
- Enhanced font graphics for easier reading
- Share book passages from Kindle directly to friends and followers on Facebook and Twitter
- Check out interesting passages from the book you are reading that are shared by other readers.