Folks at TiPb are pointing out to a bug on the new iOS 4.2 that we first mentioned over two months back – app folders on the iPhone or iPad seem to disappear inexplicably bringing all the stored apps back on to the homescreen. Apparently, Apple has not addressed this issue with the several iOS updates that it has issues since June when this issue was first noticed.
While Apple continues to stay mum on the bug, we hear that updating all the apps and then syncing them with iTunes (updated to the latest version) should address the issue. Alternately, you can also try out the fix that we had suggested in our earlier article –
1. Connect your iPhone to iTunes
2. From the left menu on iTunes, right click on your iPhone model and select ‘Back up‘. Wait for the backup process to complete
3. Now right click on your iPhone device on the left menu once again and select ‘Settings‘. Here, pick ‘Restore‘. Please remember this is only if you also need a firmware restore (Applicable to those who have unlocked their phones). Otherwise, from the ‘Settings‘, pick ‘Restore from Backup‘
4. If the system tries to sync files, cancel the process. Wait for the restoration to complete
5. Now perform restoration once again. Remember to pick the backup file created in Step 2. Wait for the process to complete
Does any of this resolve the bug? Don’t forget to tell us in the comments.