The jailbreaking season continues with yet another new tutorial this time for jailbreaking your iPad using the PwnageTool. Just follow these 12 step by step instructions precisely and you`ll get the job done.
Step 1 : Download these softwares first.
- The PwnageTool for the Mac can be found here.
- The iPad 4.2.1 firmware that can be downloaded from here.
- It is recommended to download the firmware using Firefox since Safari will often auto extract it.
Step 2 :
- Mount the PwnageTool by double clicking it and then drag it to your Pwnage folder.
- Once it is dragged into the folder, double click it to launch the application and click on OK if a warning window pops up.
Step 3 :
- Now select Expert Mode by clicking it from the top menu bar.
Step 4 :
- From the list of devices, select your iPad.
- A check-mark appears over the image indicating your selection.
- Now click on the blue arrow button to continue.
Step 5 :
- A new menu for selecting the IPSW comes. Click on the “Browse for IPSW….” button.
- Now select your firmware from the Pwnage folder and click on Open.
Step 6 :
- Select General from the multiple choice menu followed by clicking the blue arrow button.
- These general settings will allow you to decide the partition size.
- Next, is the Cydia settings menu which allows you to create custom packages so as to avoid the hassles of manual installation later.
- Click on the Download packages tab followed by the refresh button to display the list of available packages.
- Double clicking the packages you want will download them and add them to the Select packages tab.
- Put a check-mark on the packages you want and click on the blue arrow button.
- The Custom Packages Settings menu displays the listed package settings for your custom IPSW. Please leave these settings uninterrupted for now and proceed further by clicking the blue arrow button.
Step 7 :
- The Pwnage process is ready to start.
- Click to select the Build button followed by the blue arrow button to begin the procedure.
Step 8 :
- Save your custom .ipsw file to the Pwnage folder you created on your desktop.
- Your IPSW is now building so please allow up to 10 minutes to get complete.
- You are later on prompted to enter your administrator password, so do it and click on the OK button.
Step 9 :
- Now you will be asked to connect your iPad to the computer once the building procedure is complete.
- On detecting your device, the Pwnage tool will be guiding you through the rest of the procedure to put your iPad into DFU mode.
- Press and hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
- Next, release the power button but continue holding the Home button for another 10 seconds.
- On entering in DFU mode, the PwnageTool prompts you to launch the iTunes.
Step 10 :
- On launching iTunes, hold the Alt/Options key and click on Restore.
Step 11 :
- Now navigate to your Pwnage desktop folder from the dialog window and select the custom IPSW that was created followed by clicking the Choose button.
Step 12 :
- iTunes now restores the firmware on your iPad which might consume up to 10 minutes.
- Once this is done, you will be rebooted into the jailbroken iPad OS 4.2.1
Happy jailbreaking once again fellows…!!!