The New York Auto Show saw Hyundai unveil the wraps on its new Sonata Hybrid Sedan model. This will get the popular sedan model Hyundai’s Blue Drive hybrid system thus offering better mileage and improved efficiency.
Here are some tech specs that you will need to know
- Engine Cylinder : 2.4 liter, 4 cylinder (Atkinson cycle)
- Power : 209 HP and 195 Pound-feet torque
- Max Speed (at Electric only) : 62 Mph
- Fuel Economy : 37 MPG (City) and 39 MPG (Highway)
- Gearset : Six speed automatic transmission with electric motor
- Batteries : Lithium Polymer
While the Hyundai Sonata Hybrid scores over other hybrid models in some aspects, there are some areas where it needs improvement. For instance, the lithium polymer batteries are a better deal than the conventional nickel metal hydride batteries that can be found on hybrids from Toyota and Ford. However the fuel economy is not as good as that offered by Toyoto Prius.