Local Scout is one of the most useful integrated applications that come with the Windows Phone 7.5 Mango OS. The app lets you check out the places to eat, drink, shop or just about anything else in your vicinity with just a few taps. The best part about the application is that it is tightly integrated with Bing Maps. So, if you find something interesting to check out your neighborhood, you just have to tap the directions to get started on your turn by turn navigation. The application is also integrated with other third party apps like FourSquare to instantly check in, find reviews,etc. For a comprehensive understanding of how it works, click here to visit the Windows Phone website.
But here lies the problem. If you do not reside in one of the following countries; Australia, France, United Kingdom, and United States ; then Local Scout is not available for use in your country. So how do you use this? Follow the steps below:
1. From your Windows Phone Home Screen, swipe to the right to view the comprehensive list of all applications
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the Screen to view the ‘Settings’ options. Tap once to open the Settings
3. You are by default on the ‘System’ tab. Scroll down to an option that reads “region+language”. Tap once to open
4. There are a lot of options to set. Scroll down right to the bottom of the screen to an option that reads “Browser & search language”. It should be set to the default language of your choice.
5. Tap the field. You will be taken to a list of all languages available for ‘Browser & search language’. Scroll down to the option that reads “English (United States)”. Tap this once to select this.
6. Tap the ‘Windows’ button on your phone to return to the home screen.
You are done. Now when you tap the search button on your Windows Phone, you should see an additional ‘local scout’ button on the left. Enjoy this awesome Windows Phone feature.