So as we had expected, the iPhone Dev Team is out with their ‘back up plan‘ version of the RedSn0w untethered jailbreak solution this Christmas weekend. But before you proceed, the iPhone Dev team have warned that this is a “beta tester” program that could potentially go wrong if you are not careful. The team has come up with some nuggets of advice that you can use to decide whether you really want to go ahead and jailbreak
- This is a beta tester program. It’s not a general release! Things can go very wrong, so please don’t even consider testing if you have pictures or other media on your device that you haven’t backed up!
- For the same reason, please don’t participate if you rely on the ultrasn0w carrier unlock. Wait for the final version!
- Until we fix some sandbox issues with bluetooth, the bluetooth functionality is disabled.
- Cydia must have your 4.2b3 SHSH blobs saved on file. (As we approach a general release, we’ll provide a way to let you use locally saved hashes too).
- You must already have the usbmuxd software installed and running on your Mac (this requirement will eventually go away too). The correct invocation of the relay is just as that page says: “./tcprelay.py -t 22:2222”. If the relay isn’t installed or running correctly by the time the redsn0w ramdisk has started, you’ll need to restore to stock FW again to try it again. Please test it beforehand to save yourself some time!
This tester program is apparently limited to just the iPhone 4, iPad and iPod Touch 4th generation. You can check out the RedSn0w download link here. Have some trouble or questions? Post them here.