Jailbreaking has become a sensation now a days right from the Play Station 3 to the Apple TV 2G and now the iPhone 3GS.
Here is one more jailbreaking tutorial for the iPhone 3Gs on the iOS 4.2.1. Please follow the below mentioned instructions in a step by step way to achieve jailbreaking success for your iPhone 3GS. The tool used in the entire procedure is the PwnageTool for the MAC system.
Step 1 :
- Make a folder by the name of Pwnage on your desktop.
- Download a copy of PwnageTool from this link. The file downloaded will be a torrent file, so make sure you have a torrent client such as utorrent or any other one installed on your system.
- Download the iPhone 4.2.1 firmware and save it to your Pwnage folder that you created.
Step 2 :
- Now double click the PwnageTool icon to mount it and then drag the icon into the Pwnage folder that you created.
- Now double click the PwnageTool icon from the folder to launch the application and click on OK if you receive a warning.
Step 3 :
- Select Expert Mode from the menu bar at the top.
Step 4 :
- Select your device from the list upon which a check-mark will occur on the selected device.
- Next, click the blue background arrow button located at the bottom right.
Step 5 :
- A menu with “Browse for IPSW…” appears.
- Click the “Browse for IPSW…” button.
- A pop-up window appears from which you are supposed to select your firmware that you downloaded, from the Pwnage folder.
- After selecting the firmware, click on Open.
Step 6 :
- Now a menu will be appearing with multiple choices.
- Under that, select the General option and then click on the blue background arrow button
- A General settings menu comes, which allows you to alter the Root partition size.
- Please put a check-mark on Activate the phone for a non-official activation or deselect it if your iPhone is genuinely activated. You can also select “Enable baseland update” to modify the baseland.
- On finalizing the settings click on the blue button.
- A Cydia settings menu appears that allows you to have custom packages in order to avoid manual installation of necessary items later.
- Click the Download packages tab.
- Next, click the Refresh button to display all the available packages.
- Double click the package you want to download an make it available in the Select packages tab.
- Under the Select packages tab, check-mark the ones you want followed by clicking the blue arrow button at the bottom right.
- Now the Custom packages settings menu appears listing the package settings for your custom IPSW.
- Leave these settings uninterrupted for the time being and click on the blue arrow button.
Step 7 :
- The Pwnage process is now ready to start.
- Click the Build button followed by the blue arrow button next.
Step 8 :
- Please save your custom .ipsw file to the Pwnage folder that you created on the desktop.
- The IPSW building process has now started, allow the process around 10 minutes to complete.
- Next you will be asked to enter your password, so enter the password and click on the OK button.
Step 9 :
- Please connect your iPhone to the computer once the IPSW building process is complete.
- On detecting your device, the PwnageTool will guide you through the entire procedure of putting in your iPhone in DFU mode.
- A messaage appears to hold the Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds, so do that.
- Next release the power button but continue holding the home button for another 10 seconds as guided on the screen.
- PwnageTool will prompt you to start iTunes the moment your iPhone gets in DFU mode.
Step 10 :
- After launching iTunes, hold the Alt/Option key and then click on Restore.
Step 11 :
- A new window appears asking you to choose a file.
- Go to the Pwnage folder on your desktop and select the custom IPSW that was created.
- Click the choose button.
Step 12 :
- The firmware will now be restored on your phone by iTunes, this might consume about 10 minutes.
- Once this is done, your iPhone will be rebooted into the jailbroken iOS 4.2.1.
Happy jailbreaking fellows….!!!!