Have you recently purchased an Apple TV 2G and would like to learn how to jailbreak it using greenpoisOn? If so, then follow these instructions step by step that will guide you through the entire procedure to jailbreak the Apple TV 2G on the iOS 4.2.1.
Firslty, the things that you will require :
1. You will need to download GreenpoisOn :
GreenpoisOn is a jailbreak tool that supports almost every major Apple device running the iOS. A new RC6 version has been released which jailbreaks the Apple TV 2G running the iOS 4.2.1. GreenpoisOn is available for the mac as well as the Windows platform. You can download it from here.
2. Download the iOS 4.2.1 for the Apple TV 2G using anyone of the links below :
- iOS 4.2.1 for the iPhone 4.
- iOS 4.2.1 for the iPhone 3GS.
- iOS 4.2.1 for the iPhone 3G.
- iOS 4.2.1 for the iPod Touch 4G.
- iOS 4.2.1 for the iPod Touch 3G.
- iOS 4.2.1 for the iPod Touch 2G.
- iOS 4.2.1 for the iPad
3. A microusb cable that will connect your Apple TV 2G to the mac.
Now lets get started with the jailbreaking procedure :
Step 1 :
Firstly you have to make sure that you have updated your Apple TV to iOS 4.2.1 via iTunes and, if not then please check for the updates through the software update section in the Apple menu.
Step 2 :
Now launch GreenpoisOn RC6 and click on Yes when prompted for Apple TV 2G jailbreak.
Step 3 :
Next, follow the onscreen instructions to put the Apple TV 2G in DFU mode.
Connect your Apple TV via the micro-USB cable leaving the power disconnected, then simultaneously hold the MENU and PLAY/PAUSE buttons for 7 seconds to put it in DFU mode.
Step 4 :
Once in DFU mode, click on the Jailbreak Button on GreenpoisOn RC6 and sit back and relax till it completes the entire jailbreaking process.
This is it. You have now jailbroken Apple TV 2G on iOS 4.2.1.