“Money can’t buy happiness, but it will certainly get you a better class of memories”- Ronald Reagan.
This saying is pretty much self-explanatory. While money is not the ticket for a happy life, it surely is a way to live a quality life. As the world is progressing and developing in unimaginable ways, people have started giving stress on the importance of the way you live your life.
From your social status to your market value, everything depends on how much you earn. To survive in this competitive society, you need to earn better.
Apart from this, having good pay also allows you to live your life in luxury and secure the future of your coming generations. This is why most people have started picking out careers which will help them earn better.
What are the Top Paying Tech Jobs Today?
It is no surprise that medical and IT fields have the best paying jobs in all the sectors. These are also job categories where there is plenty of opportunities to move up verticially within the organization. Organizations regularly investing in training their employees with skills to match their emerging needs.
Here is a list of the IT jobs if you want high five figures in your paystub. The respective job salary data is taken from PayScale.
A Data Scientist must have knowledge of the following:
- Languages and technologies like Java, Python, R, SAS, and more
- They must know how to use analytical tools
- Knowledge of data models, data mining, Big Data Analytics, Software Development
- The latest technologies and innovations in the IT field
- Skills in AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Managerial skills to identify business issues and goals
The average salary of a Data Scientist is $95,000 a year. Big IT players like Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTS), Hewlett-Packard (HP), Wipro Technologies, HCL Technologies, Deloitte, PayPal, Dell, and more are offering jobs to Data Scientists.
If you want to make a career as a Data Scientist, here are some courses that can help:
- Data Science Certification Training – R Programming
- Data Science with SAS Training
- Data Science with Python
Software engineers require knowledge about the following:
- They need to have in-depth knowledge about software architectures
- They require good programming skills in C, C++, Java, PHP, Spring, Angular, React, Ruby on Rails, and more
- They need to have strong analytical skills
- They also require knowledge about data models
The average salary of a Software engineer or architect is $60,000 a year.
Employers like IBM, Rubicon Project, FINRA, American Management Association, and more are hiring software developers and architects.
Courses that can help:
- Selenium 3.0 Training
- Node.js Training
- Certified Android App Developer
- Full Stack Web Developer – MEAN Stack
Skills required by Project Managers are:
- Business Analysis knowledge is very important for Project Managers
- They require knowledge of different technologies and languages like Java, HTML, SQL, Agile Software Development, and more
- Managerial skills are also necessary to become a Project Manager
The average annual salary of a project manager is $75,000.
Here are some companies who are hiring Project Managers: CISCO, Accenture, Microsoft, JPMorgan Chase, and more.
Certificates and courses that may help:
- PMP® Plus
- PMP® Certification
- CBAP®-Certified Business Analysis Professional
Some skills required by DevOps engineers are:
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Service
- Software Development
- Understanding of network operations
- Knowledge of different operating systems
- Knowledge of different platforms and tools like Git and Jenkins
DevOps engineers enjoy an average annual salary of $137,000. DevOps was the highest recruited job of the year 2018.
Here are some courses that help you become a DevOps engineer:
- DevOps certification training
- DevOps Architect
- Salt Training Course
Big Data Architect
Here are some skills required by Big Data Architects:
- Knowledge about technologies like data warehousing, NoSQL, Hadoop, and more
- They require good programming skills and knowledge of coding
- They need excellent data visualization skills
- They also need managerial skills and communication skills
The average annual salary of Big Data Architects is $123,000.
Companies hiring Big Data Architects are Amazon, Google, IBM, Oracle, and more.
Here are some courses that will help you become expert Big Data Architects:
- Big Data Hadoop and Spark Developer
- Big Data Engineer
IoT Architects should have the following skills:
- Complete knowledge of programming
- Knowledge of different technologies
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning
- Knowledge of hardware designing and architecture
An IoT architect earns an average annual salary of $111,000.
These skills are highly desired from AI Engineer:
- Strong programming skills
- Knowledge of languages and technologies like Python, R, SAS, and more
- Knowledge of Machine learning, Deep learning, Data Science and more
Top AI companies like Amazon Web Service, IBM, Google AI, Apple, Facebook, Microsoft, and more are hiring AI Engineers.
Here are some AI courses which are highly valued in the IT market:
- Artificial Intelligence Engineer
- Deep Learning with TensorFlow
- RPA with UiPath Certification Training
- Automation Anywhere Certified Advanced RPA Professional Training Course
Some skills that are required to become a Cloud Architect are:
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Service
- DevOps engineering
- Knowledge about Systems Architecture
- Knowledge about IT Infrastructure and Business Analysis
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing
The average salary of a Cloud Solutions Architect is $154,000.
Top companies like Amazon and Wipro are hiring cloud solutions architects.
Some courses that can make you expect cloud solutions architects are:
- AWS Solution Architect
- Microsoft Certified Associate: Azure Administrator (AZ-100 and AZ-101)
Full Stack developers are highly paid IT professionals. Here are some mandatory skills required by Full Stack Developers:
- Knowledge of different technologies like MongoDB, Angular JS, React JS, Express JS and more
- Knowledge about web development
- Knowledge of scripting and programming languages
- Knowledge about databases
- Skilled in client-side as well as server-side development
The average annual pay of a Full Stack developer is $110,000.
Companies who are hiring Full Stack Developers: Weinvest, CallHub, Tracxn!, NanoNets, and more.
Information security engineers and White Hat Hackers are responsible for keeping a company’s information safe from malicious hackers and other threats.
Here are some skills desired by Ethical/White Hat Hackers:
- Knowledge of Cyber Security, Software testing, network support, web security and more
- Knowledge about systems architecture and security policies and procedures
- Knowledge about programming languages
- Skilled in security risk management
The average salary of a White Hat Hacker is $131,300.
Here are some popular companies hiring Cyber Security expert: Wipro Technologies, Tata Consultancy Services, Paladion Networks, EY (Ernst & Young), Infosys Limited.
Courses that can help you become an expert Ethical hacker are:
- CompTIA Security+ 501
- CEH (V10)- Certified Ethical Hacker
- CISA®- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- CHFI-Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator Certification course
As blockchain technology is becoming increasingly popular and the availability of blockchain engineers is low, they are one of the highly paid IT professionals.
Here are some skills required by BlockChain Engineers:
- Knowledge of technologies like Ripple, R3, Bitcoin and more
- Knowledge of cloud computing
- Understanding of Data Analysis, Data Modeling, logistics
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) skills
A Blockchain Engineers earns an average of $130,000 a year.
Here are some courses which can help you sharpen your Blockchain skills:
- Blockchain Basics
The products that are built by engineers cannot survive in the market without proper management. A project manager takes part in all processes of a product lifecycle and ensures that the product does not fail in the market.
Some key skills required by Product Managers are:
- Complete knowledge of Product Lifecycle Models and Management
- Skilled in product management tools like JIRA, Asana and more
- Strong managerial skills
The average annual salary you can expect as a Product Manager is $100,000 a year.
A good Salesforce Developer is expected to have the following skills:
- Knowledge of Software development, RESTful Web services, Data Analysis, CRM and more
- Project Management skills and knowledge of Enterprise System Development is also important
The average salary of a Salesforce developer with 1 to 3 years of experience is $59,000 – $105,000.
Companies hiring Salesforce developers are: Accenture, Cognizant Infosys, Cognizant, Deloitte, Wipro
Some popular Salesforce courses and certifications are:
- Salesforce Administrator & App Builder
- Salesforce Platform Developer I (Apex and Visualforce)
These were the top 13 high paying IT jobs which are a great career choice in today’s world. More IT fields like Agile and Scrum Development, Digital Marketing, and more have great career prospects and pay scales too.
If you are interested in these fields, you should start preparing and master your skills by taking up certifications and courses. Become an expert in your field and get better jobs and higher pay!
This is a guest post by Mohsin Ali Khan. He is a SEO Team Lead at Simplilearn concentrating on two major categories Project Management and Cloud Computing. A writer and SEO strategist by day and he is passionate to bring in the best SEO optimized page / content for the readers that are based on facts and research. He values curious minds and scrambles to learn new things.