Samsung has begun to roll out the latest FroYo Android 2.2 update for Samsung Galaxy S handsets across the globe. The first set of users to get this new update are those from the Nordic countries. Users from these regions are already reporting to be seeing the new build I9000 JPM update on the Samsung Kies PC Software.
If you are from the rest of the world, you may have to unfortunately wait for some more time. A Samsung media statement has said that the update shall “gradually rolled out to other European markets, Southeast Asia, the Middle East Asia, North America, Africa and rest of the world“. With 5 million handsets waiting to get an update, it is no easy job.
The release also notes the list of updates that are waiting to be had,
- Android 2.2 JIT compiler
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1 compatibility
- New Android Market with auto-updating
- Speed improvements
- Pinch-to-zoom homescreen flyover
- Improved default keyboard
- Quick links to “GPS” and “Auto rotation” toggles on notification bar added
- Slightly different graphics and transitions with app drawer and default icon dock
- Colored icons in settings
- GPS Fix
- Colored settings icons
- Media Hub
- Darker menu theme, navy blue color
- Better Exchange support
- Video records in MP4 format
- New Search widget
- New Gmail application
Have you received your update? Do write to us to let us know the status.