The jailbreaking season continues with yet another new tutorial this time for jailbreaking your iPad using the PwnageTool. Just follow these 12 step by step instructions precisely and you`ll get the job done.
Step 1 : Download these softwares first.
- The PwnageTool for the Mac can be found here.
- The iPad 4.2.1 firmware that can be downloaded from here.
- It is recommended to download the firmware using Firefox since Safari will often auto extract it.
Step 2 :
- Mount the PwnageTool by double clicking it and then drag it to your Pwnage folder.
- Once it is dragged into the folder, double click it to launch the application and click on OK if a warning window pops up.
Step 3 :
- Now select Expert Mode by clicking it from the top menu bar.
Step 4 :
- From the list of devices, select your iPad.
- A check-mark appears over the image indicating your selection.
- Now click on the blue arrow button to continue.
Step 5 :
- A new menu for selecting the IPSW comes. Click on the “Browse for IPSW….” button.
- Now select your firmware from the Pwnage folder and click on Open.
Step 6 :
- Select General from the multiple choice menu followed by clicking the blue arrow button.
- These general settings will allow you to decide the partition size.
- Next, is the Cydia settings menu which allows you to create custom packages so as to avoid the hassles of manual installation later.
- Click on the Download packages tab followed by the refresh button to display the list of available packages.
- Double clicking the packages you want will download them and add them to the Select packages tab.
- Put a check-mark on the packages you want and click on the blue arrow button.
- The Custom Packages Settings menu displays the listed package settings for your custom IPSW. Please leave these settings uninterrupted for now and proceed further by clicking the blue arrow button.
Step 7 :
- The Pwnage process is ready to start.
- Click to select the Build button followed by the blue arrow button to begin the procedure.
Step 8 :
- Save your custom .ipsw file to the Pwnage folder you created on your desktop.
- Your IPSW is now building so please allow up to 10 minutes to get complete.
- You are later on prompted to enter your administrator password, so do it and click on the OK button.
Step 9 :
- Now you will be asked to connect your iPad to the computer once the building procedure is complete.
- On detecting your device, the Pwnage tool will be guiding you through the rest of the procedure to put your iPad into DFU mode.
- Press and hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
- Next, release the power button but continue holding the Home button for another 10 seconds.
- On entering in DFU mode, the PwnageTool prompts you to launch the iTunes.
Step 10 :
- On launching iTunes, hold the Alt/Options key and click on Restore.
Step 11 :
- Now navigate to your Pwnage desktop folder from the dialog window and select the custom IPSW that was created followed by clicking the Choose button.
Step 12 :
- iTunes now restores the firmware on your iPad which might consume up to 10 minutes.
- Once this is done, you will be rebooted into the jailbroken iPad OS 4.2.1
Happy jailbreaking once again fellows…!!!
Sony is cracking a strong whip on hackers. Hackers will be banned for lifetime from entering Sony’s online networks. A note was posted on Sony’s official blog which reads-
“Violation of the system software license agreement for the PlayStation 3 System invalidates the consumer guarantee for that system.” Also, Sony has advised its PS3 users not to use pirated versions of the games as this would lead to a breach of copyright and can expel the users systems from entering into Sony’s online networks. Sony has also asked its users to immediately stop using any circumvented devices and softwares on their PS3 consoles.
Sony has not yet announced from which date this new policy would come into effect, but emails have been sent to PS3 users by Sony. One blogger has also mentioned that if one gets an “error 0x8002A227“, it means the PS3 console has been banned on the PSN.
Every known company has plunged into the tablet business and is trying to cash in on the new rage. If there was one giant who never spoke of doing a tablet, it was Sony. But, according to Engadget, Sony has a tablet in the making or it at least has plans for a tablet. Though a late entrant into the arena, Sony has the capability to attract everyone’s attention. Sony’s tablet has been codenamed S1 and like most other tablet will run on Honeycomb. The design of S1 is going to be a wrap style one allowing the users to prop their device at comfortable angles. The screen will measure 9.4″ and the will possess a resolution of 1280×800 pixels. The processor used would be the Nvidia Tegra 2 and the device will be either 3G based or Wi-Fi based.
The best part about the tablet is that it’s been certified by Playstation, so gamers are in for a treat.
Jailbreaking has become a sensation now a days right from the Play Station 3 to the Apple TV 2G and now the iPhone 3GS.
Here is one more jailbreaking tutorial for the iPhone 3Gs on the iOS 4.2.1. Please follow the below mentioned instructions in a step by step way to achieve jailbreaking success for your iPhone 3GS. The tool used in the entire procedure is the PwnageTool for the MAC system.
Step 1 :
The tablet from Dell, Streak which was first previewed at the Consumer Electronic Show in January is going to use Google’s Android 3.0 or Honeycomb. The use of Android 3.0 was confirmed this week at the quarterly fiscal meeting this week and Dell has also confirmed that the 10 inch tablet would be called Dell Streak 10. Although, Dell did not reveal the availability date of the tablet, except that the Streak 10 is due some time this year. While rumors are abuzz that Streak 10 is due in April.
Another interesting fact is that the Streak 10 would also have a Windows 7 edition and the users would get to choose between the Android and Windows 7 versions. The Windows 7 version of the Streak 10 are also due this year, but no exact date is not yet known.
Well! 2011 is flooded with all sorts of tablets. Users could be spoilt for choice.
The absence of Apple at the Mobile World Congress has definitely given Google’s Android the definite edge over its competitors at the show in Barcelona this year. With the MWC for this year coming to a close today, everyone who’s been at the event has only one thing to say – Android is brilliant. With Nokia disbanding its own phone OS Symbian and partnering with Microsoft for Windows based Nokia phones, they did not have anything to offer this year. Almost every phone, be it the Motorola Xoom or the Samsung Galaxy S or the Sony Xperia Play smartphones or the Samsung’s second generation tablet or LG Slate, everything has been Android. There was Blackberry Playbook that was not running on Android but spoke of including Android apps and HP’s Tablet – TouchBook that did not use Android but WebOS.
So, this MWC belonged to Android completely.
All the hoopla surrounding the Verizon iPhone 4 is indeed receding rapidly. The pre-order commotion, Apple having to shut down the sale of Verizon iPhone 4 on the online store prior to the release date, 700,000 pre-orders in-queue, all said and done, insiders’ reports are that the sales of the Verizon iPhone 4 have not met the expectations of either Apple or Verizon Wireless. Insiders who got a look at the sales reports are also claiming that the sales of the iPhone after the first five days has definitely not exceeded that of AT&T. The rumored sales reports are from five stores across the US. Another interesting fact is that the total number of handsets pre-ordered on Verizon has only totaled to 550,000 and not 700,000 which was the estimate of the initial reports.
As a matter of fact, most users who switched to iPhone 4 were previously using either Android or the Blackberry devices and only a meagre percentage switched from AT&T.
For long now, Apple has been doing only GSM versions of the iPhone. But, the release of Verizon iPhone 4 has seen the advent of the CDMA iPhone 4. In order clear user’s confusions about the differences between GSM and CDMA devices, Apple has now come up with a document detailing the differences in the functionalities of the two devices.
The first and foremost difference between the two devices is with regards to call forwarding, caller ID and call waiting. On the GSM handsets, these features can be turned on or off by going to the Settings panel, while on the CDMA handsets, this has to be done by dialling in a number combination. Another difference is with regards to conference call. On the GSM sets, up to 5 people can connect via conference at once, while the CDMA set allows the numbers of only two users. Pausing a call is possible on the GSM handsets and there is no such option on the CDMA handsets.
How would you like it if your keyboard and trackpad were to be adjoined to each other? The idea sounds great, does it not? Apparently you can use Magic Wand to do the same. Well! It is not something that you would be waving, in fact it is a mini mount that would help attach the trackpad to Apple‘s keyboard. This non-electrical mini mount is being made available by Twelve South which would enable one club the two wireless devices to be used without the need of a separate table for the two. Also, another unique and lovable feature of the Magic Wand is that it’s ambidextrous, meaning that the trackpad can be fitted either to the left or right of the keyboard making it convenient for both left and right arm users.
The mount costs only 30$ along with a free delivery option.
So, what if Apple did not take part in this year’s Mobile World Congress at Barcelona, it still hogged the limelight. Apple’ iPhone 4 has won the Best Mobile Device Award for the year 2011. This award was announced earlier today at the Mobile World Congress by the Global Mobile Awards. Apple made its presence felt despite being absent from this year’s show beating several other competitors whose smartphones were also considered for the Award.
The judges after awarding Apple the coveted Award commented that the iPhone 4 had a “Great screen, sharp design, fantastic materials, and phenomenal ecosystem for app developers. In a tight race, the iPhone 4 built on the success of its predecessors to set the pace for smart phones.”
Ironically, rumors are now spreading like wild fire that Steve Jobs looks extremely pale and may not be surviving the next weeks.