AD: If you are an entrepreneur or aspiring to be one, you should check out Entrepreneurship Daily. This is an amazing new email newsletter service that provides a daily curated list of business growth ideas, marketing tips and case studies from your fellow entrepreneurs. Signing up is easy and you can unsubscribe at any time with just one click.
A lot of users on the Apple Support forum have recently been complaining that their iPads (including the newer models like iPad 2 and the new iPad are showing incredibly slow download speeds. The problem that these users complain of is not with respect to the network itself – users speedtesting their networks say it is upwards of 10mbps. Rather, it appears specific to the device.
One fix that seems to be working for a few users has got to do with the Radio Mode settings on Airport Express. To explore this fix, follow these steps below. You can also check the original thread here.
1. Launch ‘Airport Utility’. You will see one or more Express units.
2. Tap the first Express unit
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. You will have an option that reads ‘Manual Setup’. Tap to open this.
4. In this window, find out the tab that reads ‘Wireless’.
5. Under ‘Radio Mode’, change the settings to 802.11g ONLY
6. You are done. Get back and repeat the process for all your stations.
You are done. It appears to fix the issue. Does this work? Tell us your experience as well as alternate fixes in the comments below.