We have all faced the need to email a stranger at some point in our lives. Be it while reaching out for a job opening, or reaching out to a prospect customer for an appointment, cold-emailing is as ubiquitous as cold calls today. However, finding the right email to reach out is often a nightmarish process. For one, it is a tough job tracking down the emails one after the other. And even if you do, a couple of bounces could potentially ruin the credibility of your mail server. Which means, newer emails you send could potentially be going to the recipient’s spam box.
There are a number of ways to find the right email address of a recipient. One of the most popular ways is to use the Rapportive Chrome extension to try out various email combinations. An alternate process is to use a site like Verify-Email to try out IDs one at a time. These are however lengthy processes, and in the case of Verify Email, you can also exhaust your quote pretty quickly. So is there an easy way out?
FindThatID.com is an exciting tool that solves a problem in this niche. Using the service is simple – you simply enter the website URL and the full name of the person (without spaces) and the system will engage with the MX server to track down the right combination. Looking for bulk solutions? That is available too.
Here is how you do it.
Step 1 : Click here to visit the Find That ID website
Step 2 : Enter your own email address in the ‘Your Email’. This is the email where the processed emails will be sent to.
Step 3 : Depending on your email extraction request, you can pick the free or one of the paid options. Free option lets you check up to ten emails one by one.
Step 4 : If you have selected the free option, then you will find an input field below. Enter the domain name and full name one after another separated by space. For instance, if you want to check Bill Gates’ email, you would type: microsoft.com bill gates
Step 5 : Alternately, if you want to check multiple emails at one go, pick one of the paid options. You will now be shown an Excel form where you can simply copy-paste the domain name and full names from your local spreadsheet document.
Step 6 : Click ‘Proceed’ to continue.
Step 7 : If you have picked the free option, you are displayed the email in the following window. Otherwise, you are now taken to the Payment page. Once you complete the payment, the email request is queued and sent to you within the next few minutes.
FindThatID says the time to process an email list can take up to an hour or two. However, in all the tests I made, we got the output file in less than a couple of minutes.
As someone who writes to hundreds of prospects every week, FindThatID is a wonderful way to increase productivity and minimize your email track-down time. Check out the tool and let me know what you think.
A lot of users on the Apple Support forum have recently been complaining that their iPads (including the newer models like iPad 2 and the new iPad are showing incredibly slow download speeds. The problem that these users complain of is not with respect to the network itself – users speedtesting their networks say it is upwards of 10mbps. Rather, it appears specific to the device.
One fix that seems to be working for a few users has got to do with the Radio Mode settings on Airport Express. To explore this fix, follow these steps below. You can also check the original thread here.
1. Launch ‘Airport Utility’. You will see one or more Express units.
2. Tap the first Express unit
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen. You will have an option that reads ‘Manual Setup’. Tap to open this.
4. In this window, find out the tab that reads ‘Wireless’.
5. Under ‘Radio Mode’, change the settings to 802.11g ONLY
6. You are done. Get back and repeat the process for all your stations.
You are done. It appears to fix the issue. Does this work? Tell us your experience as well as alternate fixes in the comments below.
Digital Single Lens Reflex cameras are mostly used by professional photographers. They offer more sophisticated features than point and shoot digital cameras. DSLR is a dream for aspiring as well as amateur photographers. While some are not in a position to afford a DSLR many novice users find it hard to get going with their brand new DSLR cameras. If you have just bought a new DSLR and wondering how to start shooting with it then here are some simple tips to guide you.
When you start shooting with a brand new DSLR and find the pictures are getting blurred, switch to a fast shutter speed. Faster you take a photograph lesser is its chance of getting affected by shake of hand. If you can hold the camera close to your body you can minimize the chance of shaking. Lean against a tree or strong support when you are taking nature shots.
Go with manual
Your DSLR comes with a manual. Consult it whenever you are confused. Learn about different settings of your camera. Practice changing settings like shutter speed, aperture and ISO. Try them in different situations to get accustomed. You should know the settings like back of your hand. A photographic opportunity won’t wait or give you time to adjust your DSLR.
Try to shoot in manual mode as far as possible. Let different modes and programs be set aside for compact digital cameras. Now you are grown up! Manual and aperture priority are most powerful settings that you should explore and expertise.
Buy necessary accessories
If you are serious about photography then you need to buy some accessories for your DSLR camera. It is desirable to buy a UV filter for each lens. It not only improves picture quality but protect your valuable lenses from scratches. A sturdy tripod and remote release would be great for taking photographs that require long shutter speed like night photography. Make sure to buy a camera bag. Depending on the extent of your involvement, you may need separate bags for carrying the camera and lenses.
Learning is fun when you experiment with your device. While taking picture of a waterfall or running water try different shutter speeds and note down the changes. Similarly, while shooting a landscape explore different settings of aperture. You may be surprised to view the results.
Press the shutter button half way down to pre-focus before you take any final shot. This will stabilize the focus and give you a clearer picture. If you are anticipating any subject on a spot then pre focus on the spot by half pressing the shutter. When the anticipated view comes, press the shutter all way down.
As a beginner of DSLR camera it may be useful to shoot in RAW file format. A digital RAW file contains unprocessed RAW data that must be processed with special software in order to become a finished image. There is no loss of image quality in this format. While converting raw files to images, you can adjust the white balance. You can also preserve the image from RAW file as high quality 16 bit file (TIFF or PSD format).
DSLR cameras are very sensitive and costly. It is desirable to follow best practices and preserve the device for superior performance and long life of camera. If you are serious about photography and want to pursue it with passion then these tips may help you in get started with a DSLR camera.
Emily Steves is associated with various internet security related companies as their freelance and staff writer. She has been linked with some of the best web media companies and offers various ways for internet solutions. She excels in writing articles related to AT&T internet, internet security, internet plans, comcast deals etc
If you have been using an Android phone, it is quite likely that you have been seeing ads on your notification bar. The ads are basically one liners that are marked with an icon that looks like a white star with a red dot in the middle. They are quite annoying especially because the notification bar is where you see all the important updates from your apps and is the last place one would want to see and click on an ad.
So, how do you remove them? Firstly, you need to know that it is not Android that shows the ads there in the first place. Instead, these ads are shown by some of the third party apps that you have installed in your phone. To do a quick check on what app is showing this annoying ad on the notification bar, simply tap on the ad and check out the name of the app that is displayed on the upper left side corner. This is the application that is showing these ads on your screen.
In most cases, this alone should be sufficient. But if you have multiple apps that is causing the problem, what you can do is install this free app from the Android market called the ‘AirPush Detector’. AirPush is basically the technology framework that enables the display of these intrusive apps. The AirPush Detector is an app developed by Dan Bjorge that lets you know all the apps on your phone that have this technology enabled (and so are causing this ad push).
Although the app is named ‘AirPush Detector’, the underlying application also helps detect other frameworks like LeadBolt, IAC and Appenda and is so pretty comprehensive in its coverage. Download the AirPush Detector app on your Android phone by clicking here.
A number of iPhone users have been writing in on the Apple support forums that they are having trouble connecting to Bluetooth devices after upgrading to the new iOS 5 operating system. What happens typically is that the iPhone may not be displaying the Bluetooth icon on the top of the screen even though you have the Bluetooth option turned on in the Settings option. Also, the iPhone may refuse to recognize any other Bluetooth enabled devices in the vicinity which means you may not be able to connect to any other device.
There is a simple fix for this though. What you need to do is go to Settings -> General -> Bluetooth and turn the option Off and then turn On again one more time. Your iPhone will start recognizing Bluetooth enabled devices once again. So how frequently will you see this problem? Every time you restart your iPhone. In any case, this is a major irritant for those of you who frequently connect your iPhones to Bluetooth devices. And if you own a new iPhone 4S that has battery issues as well, good luck since you will also have to deal with the phone conking out every now and then.
Let’s hope Apple fixes this issue soon in the next update.
People who have an Android phone and are suffering from some serious battery issues, here are some simple manual as well as automatic tweaks that will help you keep your phone charged for a longer time and make the best possible use of your battery life.
There are end number of things that eat up your battery power and most of the times they are things that most mobile users are not aware of at all. This article contains all the possible solutions to safeguard your battery life, so i highly recommend that you go through each of these features, settings and customizations that are mentioned ahead in this article.
List of battery power consuming features :
Your phone contains end number of features and settings that consume your battery power without you even realizing it or you were maybe aware of certain features but didn’t realize they used battery power to a great extent.
To get an idea about this navigate to Settings > About > Phone > Battery >Battery Use, which will tell you the entire story.
Settings that are most likely draining your battery power :
The Screen :
Your screen consumes the most battery life especially if its the new Super Amoled or Super LCD display. To minimise the screens battery usage, turn down the brightness. Although your phone is on “Auto” brightness mode which works in most cases, but still might be using more battery than you expect.
You can go to Settings > Display > Brightness, uncheck the “Automatic Brightness” option and manually enter approximately 10%. It may become a little harder for you to see under direct sunlight, but this wont be the case elsewhere.
Another option is to put the power control widget on your home screen which will help you toggling between low and high brightness modes in a much convenient manner. To do so, press and hold an empty section on the screen, select Widgets and select the Power Control option.
Alternatively, you could also lower down the screen timeout from 1 minute to around 15 – 30 seconds by going to Settings > Display. This will aid you in saving battery life as well.
Cellular and Data Connection :
It doesnt matter whether your using a high end 4G phone or a regular 3G device, your cellular and battery connections will eat up your battery big time even if your phone is in a dormant state.
Your data connection can be turned on and off by making use of APNDroid 2.0 or by making use of these Quick Settings. If you just intend to talk, text and send mails then EDGE or 1x is more than required. Data can be turned back on when you are browsing and require extra speed.
When there are Wi-Fi networks in your surroundings, use them. It will automatically turn off your data connection and use Wi-Fi instead which will be a battery life saviour.
However, when you don’t have any Wi-Fi networks in your area, your battery will be drained by constantly making search for available networks to connect to, so its better to turn Wi-Fi off from your Power Control widget when your not in such locations.
Keeping bluetooth on when not required again consumes a lot of battery like Wi-Fi does, so just turn off bluetooth entirely when your not using any bluetooth headset or transferring any files to and fro from your computer. You can do this from the Power Control widget.
GPS again drains a lot of battery when your using it for Google maps or turn-by-turn navigation and if you make use of location services provided by Twitter, Facebook or other social applications then GPS will be used on a more regular basis. GPS controls can also be toggled through the Power Control widget.
Automation of these Settings :
All the above mentioned settings can be toggled through the Power Control widget as per the requirements but that would be too irritating and difficult at times.
Fortunately, all these settings can be automated through an application called the Tasker. With this application you can automate pretty much everything that you desire like GPS, Bluetooth and Data settings.
Use of Juice Defender to scale back data usage :
Juice Defender again automates all the work for you, although you can change some of its settings if you wish to do so. It manages your data connection in a very smart way by turning it off and reconnecting it after every 15 – 30 minutes to check if there are any new mails, Twitter notifications and other alerts to download.
Other Alternatives :
Tweak and Uninstall Data intensive applications :
If you have any applications that you are not making use of, then please uninstall them as there are many applications that try to connect to the internet without even you realizing it and so its best to remove them completely. Also get rid of widgets that grab data constantly like the Facebook widgets or the weather widgets to name a few or change their settings so that they update their data every half an hour or on an hourly basis.
Turn Off the Eye Candy :
Eye candy features like screen animations and live wallpapers can be pretty CPU intensive. If you look forward to save your battery then turning them off is a wise choice although you may loose the flashy and animated look but this solution is ideal if nothing works for you even after performing other tweaks.
Save the phone from getting heated up :
Extreme heat will always kill your battery so don’t leave it in a hot place, get it out of your pocket whenever you can and keep it as cool as possible during the summer.
Stop using a Task Killer :
Task killers are more harmful then helpful and affect you battery to a great extent. You don’t need task killers if you have uninstalled your applications correctly or are not using them when not required. So my advise will be not to use a task killer as its not required at all.
Underclock / Undervolt your device :
You don’t really need all the CPU power always, you can reduce the clock speed or even create custom profiles using the SetCPU application that will turn it away when your phone is sleeping. You can create profiles that underclock your phone as and when the battery keeps going down.
You can also make use of the Kernel Manager application that will help in reducing the voltage thus giving you a better battery life.
Getting a Secondary Battery :
The last option is to get another battery for your phone. Most high end phones now a days have a pretty much useless battery life so you can just get yourself a second battery and keep it safe in any place till your current battery gets exhausted.
Having an extended battery is another option which is heavier then the standard battery but will guarantee you a better battery life. Lastly, make sure that you are buying original OEM battery as the cheap ones will cause a lot of problems, so make sure that you buy a high quality battery for your phone.
Step 1 :
- Create a folder called Pwnage on your desktop. This folder will be containing two things, the Pwnage tool 4.3.2 and the iPad firmware version 4.3.2
- The Pwnage tool can be downloaded from here.
- The iPad firmware can be downloaded from here.
Note : It is recommended to download the IPSW file with firefox as safari will often auto extract it.
Step 2 :
- To mount the PwnageTool, simply double click it and then drag the icon into the Pwnage folder.
- Now from the folder, double click to launch the PwnageTool application.
- Click on OK if a warning message pops up.
Step 3 :
- From the top menu bar, select Expert Mode.
Step 4 :
- Now select your iPad.
- A Check mark will appear over the image of the phone.
- Click on the blue arrow button at the bottom right to continue.
Step 5 :
- A Browse for IPSW page appears.
- Click on the Browse for IPSW… button.
- Now select your firmware from the Pwnage folder that you created and click on the Open button.
Step 6 :
- A menu with multiple choices appears.
- Click on General followed by the blue arrow button at the bottom right.
- The General settings will allow you to decide the partition size. Here you can choose either Activate the phone which will be a non official activation or Enable baseband update that will allow you to modify the baseband.
- Once done with the settings , click on the blue arrow button to proceed.
- A Cydia settings menu appears that allows you to create custom packages so that you do not have to install them manually later on.
- Click on the Download packages tab.
- Click the Refresh button to display the list of all the available packages.
- Double click the package you wish to download which will then be made available in Select packages tab.
- Under the Select packages tab, just checkmark the ones you want and click the blue arrow button.
- The Custom packages settings menu appears that displays the listed packages for your custom IPSW.
- Just leave these settings uninterrupted and click on the blue arrow button to continue.
Step 7 :
- The Pwnage process is now ready to start.
- Click on the Build button followed by the blue arrow button to start the process.
Step 8 :
- You will be prompted to save your custom .ipsw file, so save it to the Pwnage folder you created on the desktop.
- Your IPSW is being built, so please allow upto 10 minutes for the process to finish.
- Now you will be asked to enter your administrator password, so do that and click on the OK button.
Step 9 :
- You will now be asked to connect your iPad to the computer.
- Once your device gets detected, PwnageTool will guide you through the rest of the procedure for putting your iPad into DFU mode.
- Press and hold the Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds.
- Now release the Power button but continue holding the Home button for another 10 seconds.
- On entering successfully into DFU mode, PwnageTool will prompt you to launch iTunes.
Step 10 :
- On entering iTunes, hold the Alt/Option key and then click on Restore.
Step 11 :
- Now go to the Pwnage folder on your desktop using the dialog window and select the custom IPSW file that was created followed by clicking on the Choose button.
Step 12 :
- iTunes now restores the firmware on your iPad.
- This procedure may consume upto 10 minutes, but once you are done, you`ll be rebooted into a jailbroken iPad OS 4.3.2.
Happy Jailbreaking… !!
Here is another short tutorial for unlocking the iPhone 3GS 4.3.1 with Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 for the iOS 4.3.1.Please keep in mind that this not a new unlock but just a compatibility fix for the iOS 4.3.1 so that those who have been following baseband can unlock their device on the iOS 4.3.1.
Please make a note of the following supported iPhone 3GS basebands :
Please do not upgrade to iOS 4.3.1 without preserving the basbenad. Use the PwnageTool 4.3 or Sn0wbreeze 2.5 to jailbreak the iOS 4.3.1 in untethered mode with the preserve baseband option.
Now here are the unlock instructions :
Step 1 :
Jailbreak the iOS 4.3.1 on the iPhone 3GS with PwnageTool 4.3
Jailbreak the iOS 4.3.1 on the iPhone 3GS with Sn0wbreeze 2.5
Step 2 :
Start Cydia from the springboard.
Step 3 :
Now you should be able to see two options, Packages and Source.
Step 4 :
Navigate to Packages -> Edit -> Add and then enter the following :
repo666.ultrasn0w.com as the repository URL (ultrasn0w has a zero and not an o).
Step 5 :
Now go back to the Sources menu under Cydia and you will see the Ultrasn0w package.
Step 6 :
Click on the Ultrasn0w package and then select Ultrasn0w 1.2.1.
Step 7 :
Tap the Install button and let Ultrasn0w 1.2.1 finish up with the installation procedure.
Step 8 :
Your iPhone 3GS will reboot now and get unlocked on the iOS 4.3.1.
Happy jailbreaking once again… !!!
Snw0breeze 2.4 now supports ultraSn0w unlock for the iPhone 4 and 3GS users (for old basebands only). Those of you who have jailbroken your iPhone 4 and 3GS (old basebands only) on the iOS 4.3.1 using Sn0wbreeze 2.4 and are dependent on an unlock can now use ultraSn0w to unlock their device on this latest firmware thus being able to use any desired carrier.
Follow the below mentioned instructions in order to unlock and jailbreak your iPhone 4 and 3GS running on the iOS 4.3.1
Points to be noted before proceeding further with the guide :
- Sn0wbreeze 2.4 supports ultraSn0w unlock for basebands (01.59.00 / 04.26.08 / 05.11.07 / 05.12.01 / 05.13.04 / 06.15.00).
- ultraSnow has no compatibility with the following bands (02.10.04 / 03.10.01 / 04.10.01 / 05.14.02 / 05.15.04).
- iPhone 3GS users will now be able to upgrade to 06.15.00 under the Unlocks section in Expert.
- You may loose your GPS if you upgrade your iPhone 3GS baseband to the 06.15.00 iPad basband.
- If your iPhone relies on an unlock then please do not update to the stock iOS 4.3.1 yet as there is no unlock available for it.
- Sn0wbreeze is a tethered iOS 4.3.1 jailbreak for the iPhone, iPad and the iPod Touch.
How to update iPhone 3GS to 06.15.00 baseband for unlock :
Unlocking your iPhone 3GS using ultraSn0w 1.2 requires it to be jailbroken with 06.15.00 baseband. A complete guide is available here (with PwnageTool) and here (for Redsn0w) to upgrade your iPhone 3GS baseband to 06.15.00 and jailbreak it on the iOS 4.1 or 4.2.1 before you begin following the below mentioned steps.
Step 1 :
- Jailbreak your iPhone 4 / 3GS using Sn0wbreeze 2.4 .
- Detailed step by step instructions are available here in order to jailbreak the iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G / 3G and the iPad running the latest iOS 4.3.1 firmware.
Step 2 :
On completion of the jailbreak process, you can now unlock your device on supported basebands using ultraSn0w 1.2 from Cydia :
- Start Cydia on your iPhone.
- Now touch on Manage tab located at the bottom.
- Next, touch on Sources.
- Touch on Edit and then Add.
- On being prompted to enter a url source, enter the following : http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com
- Now touch on Add Source.
- Cydia will automatically update all your sources by performing a series of automated steps.
- Once the installation is over, search for ultraSn0w 1.2 in Cydia and install the application.
- The application works automatically to unlock your iPhone so that you can use it on any carrier of your choice.
Step 3 :
Just perform a restart on your iPhone and that’s it. You now have a fully unlocked iPhone 4 / 3GS.
Windows users can now jailbreak the iOS 4.3 on their iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad and the iPod Touch with the help of this nice little tool called Sn0wBreeze 2.3b1. As was the case with PwnageTool for Mac, the Sn0wBreeze jailbreak will also be for tethered devices only thus making you boot into a jailbroken state everytime you reboot the device.
This jailbreak tutorial is meant for windows users, if you want it for MAC then please refer to the previous posts on jailbreaking in this blog.
Point to note : No unlock is available for the iOS 4.3 as yet, so if your phone is dependent on a unlock, then please do not update to iOS 4.3.
Step 1 :
- Download and install iTunes 10.2.1 for windows.
- Download Sn0wBreeze 2.3 for windows.
- Download the iOS 4.3 for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Step 2 :
- Launch Sn0wBreeze followed by clicking on the blue colored arrow button.
Step 3 :
- Browse and select the required .ipsw firmware file for the iOS device.
Step 4 :
- Sn0wBreeze now identifies the selected .ipsw file.
- Once it is done, click the blue colored arrow at the bottom left next.
Step 5 :
- Select “Expert Mode“.
- After doing this, click on “Build IPSW” to start building your custom firmware.
Important : If your device is relying on an Unlock then select “Baseband Preservation Mode” instead of the “Expert Mode”
Step 6 :
- When the custom firmware is created, Sn0wBreeze displays the following message “Done!“
Step 7 :
- Start following the onscreen instructions to enter into DFU mode.
- Hold the Power and the Home buttons for 10 seconds.
- Now release the Power button and continue holding the Home button for another 10 seconds.
- Your device will now enter in DFU mode.
- On following these steps precisely, you get the following message from Sn0wBreeze :
Step 8 :
- Start iTunes now by clicking on the iOS device icon from the sidebar in iTunes.
- Press and hold the left “Shift” button followed by clicking on “Restore” button in iTunes and release this button later.
- iTunes will now ask you to select the location for your custom firmware 4.3 file.
- Select the custom .ipsw file that you had created and click on “Open“.
Step 9 :
- iTunes will now carry out the rest of the procedure for you with a series of automated steps. This may take a while, so please wait while iTunes installs the new firmware 4.3 on your device.
- Once the installation is over, your device will be in a jailbroken state on the iOS 4.3.
Step 10 :
As i mentioned earlier that there is no untethered jailbreak, you will have to boot into a tethered state and for doing this we will be making use of a utility for windows called “iBooty.”
- Launch iBooty and select your iOS device from the drop down menu.
Please Note : iBooty gets extracted to the desktop the moment you run Sn0wBreeze 2.3.
- Next, click on the Start button and follow the onscreen instructions to enter your device into DFU mode.
- Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds.
- Release the Power button and continue holding the Home button for another 10 seconds.
- Your device will now be in DFU mode.
Step 12 :
- On entering in DFU mode, iBooty will perform its tasks and after that your device will be in a tethered jailbroken state.
Happy Jailbreaking fellows… !!!